About the Episcopal Partnership
Episcopal Partnership for Mission and Outreach (The Partnership) partners with and empowers the people of our Diocese to fulfill the challenge of our baptismal covenant to answer God's call to respond to human needs by:
- Inspiring mission and outreach in partnership with every congregation
- Supporting congregations as they develop, initiate and maintain outreach ministries
- Raising funds to support congregational mission and outreach
- Sharing the mission and outreach stories of the congregations
- Assisting in preparing programs that provide education on the root causes of the needs to which congregations may respond with advocacy for change.
The Partnership is living out our baptismal covenant to serve and bring light to those who struggle. In facilitating the collaboration of our congregations, The Partnership shares the strength and power of Jesus' call to walk in love with our neighbors. As the official outreach branch of the Episcopal Church in Western New York, The Partnership empowers local congregations to touch the lives of people through meaningful outreach ministry. The Partnership provides assistance through advocacy, education, resources and funding. These partnerships assist congregations in transforming hope into reality in order to best serve their respective communities in striving for justice.
The Five Marks of Mission:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believer
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth